Courtesy of British Council Ukraine. Photograph by CANactions
1 November 2016
by Niamh Tuft
The British Council Ukraine is seeking a UK partner to work with CANactions, Ukraine’s international interdisciplinary school for urban studies, and the Goethe Institute on a programme to support the development and implementation of the most exciting and promising urban development projects in post-industrial mid-sized cities in Ukraine.
This partner may be an architecture or urbanism practice or an organisation or institute with a remit for urban development. Their role will be to advise and guide an Ukrainian architect on the development and implementation of their urban development project.
In its first year, the programme will focus on culture-led solutions to urban issues, internally displaced people (IDPs) and migration issues so an interest or expertise in these fields would be an advantage.
The selected UK partner will support CANactions and the selected architects as follows:
- help shortlist and select the 2 winning projects
- identify suitable experts in the UK to support the development of the project
- organise (together with selected experts) a study tour in the UK for the Ukrainian grantee
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading architecture organisation in Ukraine and Ukraine's most interesting emerging architects.
For more information please download the full Open Call.
To apply please provide the following:
- A statement of no more than 500 words outlining why your organisation/practice would like to be involved in this programme and what specialist knowledge and skills you can contribute.
- A portfolio of 5 previous projects which outline your expertise in the areas of urban development, culture-led solutions to urban issues and/or issues around displacement and migration
- An organisation/practice bio
- Short biographies of team members and/or external experts that you will work with on this project
The documents should not exceed 8MB in total and must be submitted by 30 November at 5pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.