22 August 2019
Are you an organisation interested in the future of craft in India? Would you like to contribute to the development and innovation of one of the world’s largest craft sectors?
Apply for the India-UK Collaboration Scheme and receive financial support to collaborate with craft communities in India, co-develop and co-deliver projects that support the craft sector and create long term partnerships with organisations that support the same vision.
Read on to find out more about the grant, who is eligible and how to apply.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The grants are designed to provide Indian and UK organisations the opportunity to collaborate to design and deliver a 12-14-month ambitious, creative project which develops and strengthens crafts sector in India and provides models of practice and collaboration which could strengthen the craft sector globally. Applications should focus on long term or scaleable projects that have the potential to run for 2 to 3 years. Successful proposals will be given the opportunity to reapply for further funding over the next 3 years.
The British Council will award grants of £10,000 or £20,000, depending on the application and project proposal. Each application must be jointly submitted and have a Primary Applicant based in India and a secondary applicant based in the UK.
The Grant supports projects that fall under one or more of these themes:
- What are new ecosystems for craft? How can traditional skills, contemporary design and enterprise come together to create new systems?
- How can craft be a route to women’s empowerment and leadership?
- How can craft address global environmental challenges?
- How can craft tourism ensure craft is widely appreciated?
- What possibilities does digital technology bring to craft?
Your projects will need to take place between January 2020 and March 2021.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Each proposal must have one Primary Applicant from India and one Secondary Applicant from the UK. Only joint applications will be considered;
- Applications must come from organisations and not individuals; and
- Projects must take place in India.
LOOKING FOR A COLLABORATOR?
If you want to apply but do not have a network or contacts in the UK or India, we have set up an online portal where you can find a partner. It’s simple: submit your organisation’s details and the themes you are interested to collaborate on, and once the portal closes you will receive a list of other organisations interested in the same themes. You will be responsible for getting in touch with the organisations you want to connect with and setting up a collaboration in order to submit a joint application together through the application portal.
You an access the portal here. The portal will close on 23 September 2019 at 23.59 India Standard Time (IST), and you will be connected to potential partners within 5 working days.
HOW TO APPLY
Read the full open call document HERE
Complete and submit your application online HERE by 11 November 2019, 23.59 India Standard Time (IST)
FIND OUT MORE
To gain a better understanding and insight into what we are looking for attend one of our online briefing sessions on:
- 5 September, 3PM IST / 10.30AM GMT
- 12 September, 3PM IST / 10.30AM GMT
- 25 September, 3PM IST / 10.30AM GMT
- 16 October, 3PM IST / 10.30AM GMT
You can join via zoom on the day: https://zoom.us/j/622344756
If you have not used Zoom before, read the instructions on how to use it and download the application here.
If you would prefer to dial in using your phone, please use the following numbers, and make sure to mute your handset on joining us:
+44 (0)203 481 5237
+44 (0)203 966 3809
+44 (0)131 460 1196
+44 (0)203 051 2874
Meeting ID: 622-344-756
If you have any questions or problems, please email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing your proposals!