© Simon Mills for the British Council
16 March 2018
We have an excellent opportunity for a new Design Programme Manager to join the ADF team. This is a full-time, fixed-term contract opportunity (until end of March 2019), with a negotiable UK location (London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Cardiff or Belfast).
The Design Programme Manager plays a key role in the ADF team, leading on the development of design programmes and providing specialist support to British Council offices overseas to ensure the development, implementation and management of high-quality and strategic architecture, design and fashion programmes in 1-2 global regions.
- Working within cross-departmental and multi-location teams to deliver cultural programmes within a large, complex international organisation.
- Creating opportunities for the UK design and craft sector that encourage international showcasing, collaboration and professional exchange within a cultural relations context.
- Maintaining expertise in contemporary UK design and craft.
- Leading and managing ‘Design Connections’, ADF’s annual in-bound curatorial visit.
- Lead on ADF’s relationship with 1-2 regions within the British Council network, becoming an expert on the context and being the first point of contact for partners and internal colleagues within ADF department.
- Act as an adviser to other members of ADF team on design, and contributing to the development and delivery of programmes in cross-cutting disciplines such as craft and making
- A good, wide knowledge of contemporary UK design and craft (including furniture, product, digital and graphic design) and the ability to make critical judgements across different genres (including architecture and fashion).
- A good network of contacts across the UK design and craft sectors.
- A track record in programming design events and commissioning exhibitions and designers.
- The ability to present in public events and to write and edit effectively for a variety of different audiences; and to use digital platforms including blogs and social media.