30 October 2017
We have an excellent opportunity for a Team Assistant to provide administrative support, project assistance and professional sector liaison, making efficient use of processes and systems to ensure the smooth running and satisfactory delivery of the British Council's Architecture Design Fashion team’s work.
This is a full-time, fixed-term (2 years) opportunity, based in London.
In the Architecture Design Fashion department (ADF) we use our connections and understanding of the UK contemporary design sector to advise and support our international colleagues on design exhibitions, events, residencies and other projects within cultural relations programmes and provide a link back to the UK. Together we develop projects to encourage showcasing, collaboration and professional exchange.
The role supports all aspects of the work of the ADF team, including:
- handling external queries to ADF department;
- working as a project assistant on two-three projects a year;
- organising travel and visas for designers;
- preparing guest lists and making arrangements for internal and external events;
- processing contracts;
- creating and processing purchase orders and invoices;
- and managing the contacts database and other aspects of record keeping and evaluation.
The role also involves liaising with designers and assisting with ADF department communications including social media and website.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 19 November 2017 at 23:59 UK time. For full role profile and to apply, click here.