© Ajdin Bašić
28 November 2017
by Susan Winter
The Future Architecture platform invites multi-disciplinary emerging creatives who work on transformative projects and ideas for the future of architecture to apply for participation in the European Architecture Programme in 2018.
The Future Architecture platform acts as a key platform for exchange and networking for European architecture, integrating some of Europe’s most important architectural events. The platform enables architecture museums, festivals, producers, publishers, agencies, academic institutions and multi-disciplinary emerging professionals to easily connect and build joint projects.
In this 3rd call for ideas the European Architecture Programme invites emerging talents to get involved with 20 established architectural institutions and organisations throughout Europe and to present their work to the widest audiences. The European Architecture Programme 2018 is a series of interconnected activities that include three exhibitions, five conferences, four lecture series, a workshop and a summer school, in addition to prototyping and publishing activities.
How it works
- 8 January 2018: Deadline for submitting applications. All applications will be published on the website of the Future Architecture platform and will be judged by the board of members, Future Architecture alumni and the public.
- 14 – 17 February 2018: The selected applicants will be invited to present their vision at the Future Architecture Matchmaking conference MAO (Museum of Architecture and Design) in Ljubljana, where Future Architecture members will select the participants for inclusion within the European Architecture Programme. The platform will cover the travel (inside the EU) and accommodation costs of the selected participants for the matchmaking conference.
- 18 February – 31 October 2018: The Future Architecture Programme 2018 invites applicants to get involved with 20 established architectural institutions and organisations throughout Europe in a series of interconnected activities. These include 3 Exhibitions, 5 Conferences, 4 Lecture Series, a workshop and a summer school, in addition to prototyping and publishing activities. Platform members will cover travel (inside the EU) and accommodation costs and provide an honorarium to the participants they invite to contribute to their events.
Who can apply?
The call is open for emerging architects, landscape architects, urban planners, designers, engineers, artists, curators and anyone whose professional work is focused on the future of architecture and living environments. To be eligible as an emerging creative for the Future Architecture platform applicants must meet the following Applicant’s idea related to architecture or city development was created independently after graduation and within the last 2 years
- Applicant has publicly presented or published their independent work(s)
- Applicant has not yet attained recognition by having a body of critically recognised work at major and/or established institutions or publishers
- Applicant has not participated in past Future Architecture platform activities
Where to apply?
For further details and to apply, visit the Future Architecture platform website.