17 May 2017
The British Council is seeking applications from museums, cultural institutions and creative universities in Brazil and in the UK interested in exchanging staff in either direction, for a minimum of two weeks and for no more than one month, to foster collaboration between both countries.
The Exchange Programme has been designed by the British Council in Brazil to build up connections between museums, cultural institutions and creative universities in Brazil and the UK. It encourages collaboration through the exchange of knowledge and best practice for the development of the cultural sector by providing resources for institutions to foster the capacity of staff and increase cross-cultural understanding resulting in partnerships.
- Enhance professional development to strengthen institutional capacity;
- Disseminate good and innovative practice within and beyond the museums, cultural institutions and creative universities;
- Develop a broader knowledge about and understanding of each other cultures;Gain exposure to specific areas of institutional work;
- Provide skills and knowledge necessary to increase the sustainability and growth of institutions;
- Develop collaborative projects for future implementation.
Who can apply?
- Museums, public art galleries, creative universities (i.e., with faculties in areas such as the arts and creative sector) and not for-profit cultural institutions.
- Applications are made at an institutional level and applicants can not apply as individuals.
- Individuals selected by their museums, institutions or creative universities should be full-time permanent staff with a minimum of 3 years experience in the sector;
- This call does not cover artistic residencies.
Deadline for applocations is 12pm (midday) GMT on 25 June 2017.
For detailed criteria and to apply, visit the British Council Brazil website.
British Council Project
On the web