© Future Architecture Platform
21 November 2016
by Monique Ricketts
After a successful first cycle of activities in the initial year, Future Architecture platform launches a new call for ideas for all who wish to participate in the Future Architecture program cycle throughout Europe in 2017.
The platform invites emerging creatives to apply with the ideas, visions and projects they consider important for the future of architecture. Applicants should articulate the relevance of their application to the future of architecture, whether as an architectural statement, a social practice, a business model, as new construction technique, as production of living space, or other subject, which the applicants consider to be inevitable or highly relevant to the debates on the future of architecture in Europe. All applications will be published on the website of the Future Architecture platform. By entering, each applicant is automatically added to the list of artists and professionals that may be invited to participate at exhibitions, conferences, lecture series, workshops and other events organized by the members of the platform.
How it works
- The call for ideas will close on January 9, 2017.
- Until January 16, 2017, platform members and the general public will select applicants from various creative disciplines on the basis of submitted ideas.
- 16–18 February 2017 the selected applicants will be invited to present their vision at the Future Architecture Matchmaking conference MAO (Museum of Architecture and Design) in Ljubljana. After the matchmaking conference Future Architecture members will select the participants that they will include in their events, which will take place between from 1 March to 31 October, 2017 across Europe.
- Future Architecture’s 14 members and 4 associate members offer and invite applicants to participate at 4 Exhibitions, 5 Conferences, 3 Lecture Series, 6 Workshops and a Field Trip. All of these activities will be supported by a Publishing Platform and Local Mobile Support Service.
- 26 September to 1 October, 2017 the platform will present the results of the projects created under the umbrella of Future Architecture at the final festival in Ljubljana, where members, participants and audiences will evaluate the work done and the results achieved, as well as determine the future mode of collaboration within the platform.
The platform will cover the travel (inside the EU) and accommodation costs of the selected participants for the Matchmaking Conference. Platform members will cover travel (inside the EU) and accommodation costs and provide an honorarium to the participants they invite to contribute to their events.
Who can apply?
- you can document professional achievements (work, commissions, exhibitions, publications, reviews, grants, awards)
- your work has not been widely recognised or established by critics, curators or producers (we are looking for emerging, upcoming talents that have not yet enjoyed wider recognition)
- your last work is not older than two years
For more information visit the Future Architecture platform website here.