31 August 2014
by Niamh Tuft
For previous editions of the British Council and British Fashion Council's International Fashion Showcase participating countries have collaborated with a number of curators and creative directors. This year we are seeking curators who want to be involved in the showcase, working with countries to develop exhibitions and installations that represent emerging fashion designs from their regions.
Previous collaborations have included Sofia Hedman curated 'A New Space Around the Body, the Korean showcase in 2012, Carol Tulloch curated an exhibition of designers from Nigeria, Botswana and Sierra Leone in 2012, Gemma Williams curated New Formations, the Vietnam showcase 2013 and Pure Pattern in 2014, Helen Sirp curated The Estonian Ministry of Creative Affairs in 2013 and Keinton Butler curated Acts of Making with Roudha Centre, Qatar in 2014.
If you are a practising or emerging fashion curator we would like to hear from you. We then share portfolios with embassies and international partners seeking a curator. If an embassy or partner requests an introduction we contact you and then put you in touch with them.
We are looking for people with:
- A background in fashion, exhibition-making or creative direction
- Experience working on exhibition or display projects – these may be in cultural or commercial environments
- A strong knowledge of fashion and fashion curation
- An interest in international fashion
- The ability to travel to London as per project requirements
- You must be available until the end of February 2015
If you would like to find out more please email email@example.com by 6 October 2014 at 5pm with your CV and portfolio.